Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada
410 Bank Street, Suite 616
Ottawa, ON K2P1Y8
The Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada was incorporated as a federal non-profit foundation in 1965. The principal function of the Foundation is to accept donations and legacies and to apply such monies exclusively to the benefit of animals. The funds received are administered in accordance with the wishes of the donor, using the experience of the Board of Trustees to ensure that the money is spent to the maximum benefit of animals by:
- Promoting interest in the study of animal welfare and assisting research into specific animal welfare problems.
- Preventing cruelty and encouraging consideration for all animals.
- Providing for the holding of lectures, seminars, or any course of education with respect to the welfare of animals.
- Assisting in the establishment, development, and support of any organizations with objects similar or compementary to the aforesaid whether or not they are affiliated with any provincial or national humane society.
- Encouraging and assisting in enforcement of all laws enacted for the protection of animals.
- Supporting in general the objects of provincial humane societies in any manner whatsoever.
Since its beginning in 1965, the Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada has made grants in support of animal welfare work in excess of $1,000,000.
The Trustees are all voluntary and receive no remuneration whatsoever.