Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
222 Queen Street, Suite 1402
Ottawa, ON K1P5V9
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living and advocacy.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is a federation of 10 provincial Foundations, led and supported by a force of more than 140,000 volunteers.
- Throughout its history, the Foundation has relied on the generous donations of millions of Canadians.
- The Foundation receives no operational funding from government sources.
- In 2005, the Foundation invested approximately $90 million in research and health promotion and advocacy.
The Foundation of your community:
- The Foundation aims to build healthier hearts and minds across Canada by bringing life-saving knowledge to the communities we serve through our local area offices and the healthcare providers we support with education and resources.
- We have the passion and courage to explore, through scientific excellence and innovation, ways to protect the health of all Canadians – old and young – in communities across the nation.